For Immediate Release
Contact: Jessica Wheaton, Marketing & Community Relations Coordinator
Traverse City Light & Power
Phone: (231) 932-4574 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
L&P’s Annual Tree Trimming Project to Begin March 14th
(Traverse City, Michigan) — As part of its ongoing mission to provide safe and reliable power to the residents and businesses of Traverse City, Traverse City Light & Power(L&P) will commence its annual tree trimming project in select parts of the city beginning March 14.
Following established arboreal trimming practices and the City of Traverse City Charter trimming standards (Chapter 1028), L&P each year conducts tree trimming to protect against potential power interruption problems and safety concerns that could arise when tree limbs or branches come in contact with electrical lines.
Each year, L&P trims different sections of its service area. This year’s tree trimming will take place in the following areas:
· Between Division Street and Cass Road, south of Thirteenth Street and north of Fairlane Drive;
· Between Boardman Avenue and Railroad Avenue, south of Front Street and north of Washington Street;
· Between Woodmere Avenue and Hastings Street, south of Eighth Street and north of Baldwin Street;
· East of Garfield Avenue between Munson Avenue and Parsons Road, extending out to Four Mile Road;
· Cass Road and River Road;
· Minimal trimming will take place in the downtown area.
Additional trimming may also be conducted close-by to these areas,
depending on the electric line route. Residents could also witness tree trimming in other parts of the city in response to customer requests not related to the formal trimming schedule. A map of the selected trimming areas can be found on L&P’s website, www.tclp.org.
L&P will notify residents in the tree trimming areas with a door tag prior to beginning work; residents can expect to see bucket trucks, ropes and rigging in the areas where tree trimming is taking place. The entire project is expected to be completed by the end of April.
Traverse City Light & Power (www.tclp.org) is a community-owned, community-focused municipal utility that offers reliable energy at competitive rates in the region to over 10,000 customers in Traverse City, and parts of Blair, East Bay, Elmwood, Garfield, Peninsula and Paradise townships.