[Last Updated: 4/3/2020 12:02:04 PM]
Traverse City Light & Power (TCL&P) cares about our customers, employees, and community. During this challenging time, please know that TCL&P remains fully operational and has plans in place to ensure we will be able to continue to provide safe, reliable power to our customers. We are here for you and we will get through this together.
To minimize the risk of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) exposure for our employees and our customers, the customer service centers located at the Governmental Center, 400 Boardman Avenue as well as the TCL&P Service Center, 1131 Hastings Street are closed to the public at this time.
CUSTOMERS CAN DO BUSINESS WITH THE UTILITY VIA THE FOLLOWING:
24 Hour Drop Box: Located at the Governmental Center, 400 Boardman Avenue and also at the TCL&P Service Center, 1131 Hastings Street.
Online: Click HERE for payment options & account access.
Mail: Make checks payable to:
City of Traverse City
400 Boardman Avenue
Traverse City, MI 49684
(Please include your full account number and phone number)
Phone: Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 231-922-4431 for credit card payments, discuss payment arrangements, or other customer needs.
- Due to the growing concern regarding the economic effect this pandemic is having and will be having on our customers, TCL&P and the City have temporarily suspended all disconnects for non-payment until April 30, 2020 on electric and water. Reevaluation regarding an extension of this deadline will be done at that time.
- TCL&P and the City have temporarily suspended late fee penalties on electric, water and sewer until April 30, 2020. Reevaluation regarding an extension of this deadline will be done at that time.
- Customers who need help working out a payment plan are encouraged to contact Customer Service at 231-922-4431.
- 3/27/20 Update - State leaders outline assistance available for energy utility customers. Click HERE to view the News Release.
- 4/3/2020 Update - The Michigan Small Business Paycheck Protection Program is now open and taking applications. Click HERE to learn more.